Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Dolman Sleeved Top




Rubbed off the pattern from an existing garment. Because it was essentially two pieces it was a fairly easy pattern to draft. The construction was a breeze except for the exposed zipper closure. 



I used a different method from the skirt exposed zipper closure I completed recently. Although the method for exposed zipper for the top is slightly trickier but it provides a neater finish in my opinion.

Basted the facing onto the top before hand stitching


I used a facing instead of bias binding and there's nothing more annoying then the facing flipping out as you wear it, so I stitched the facing down with tiny catch stitches.

Sleeve band detail
Reduced the seam allowance width to accommodate the curve of the dolman sleeve

The denim tencel fabric was lovely to work with. It's soft with a slightly heavy hand.  Needed only 1M of 60" width fabric.  Fabric is from Spotlight during their recent sales.

5 comments: